​Public Notice:  The Daviess County Delinquent Tax Sale will be held on:

Tuesday, August 8, 2017 at 10:00AM. 

​Delinquent Tax Sale Information: click here     Tax Sale Registration Form:  click here

​2016 Delinquent Tax Bill List:  click here   (Tangible Tax Bills are Listed but Not for Sale)

​2015 Unmined Coal Delinquent Tax Bills:  click here


The general requirements are as follows:

  1. The couple must apply for the license in person together.
  2. Both must be 18 years old or older.
  3. There is no waiting period, blood test, or physical requirements.
  4. The marriage license is valid for 30 days, including the date issued.
  5. The marriage license is valid anywhere in the Commonwealth of Kentucky.
  6. Both must present an acceptable form of ID, such as a drivers's license, government issued picture ID, original birth certificate, passport, or social security card.
  7. There is a $35.50 (cash only) fee for the license.

Marriage with person under age 18

The following requirements must be met prior to issuing a marriage license if either party is under 18:

  1. Must be 16 years of age. Neither party under 16 may be issued a marriage license without an order from the District Court. A female must be pregnant before the court will issue an order.
  2. A female minor must make application in the county of her parent's residence, but can get married in another county after she has completed the requirements for the license.
  3. A Consent to Marriage Form (84-FCC-501) is required. This must be completed, witnessed, signed by the parent or legal guardian* of the minor, and sworn by the deputy clerk. (A guardian must bring the document affirming guardianship).
  4. One parent or legal guardian* and two witnesses 18 years old or older, must sign the Consent to Marriage Form for each minor.
  5. If the parents of either minor are divorced, custody papers are required to sign the Consent to Marriage Form.
  6. Birth Certificate or Drivers License

*Legal guardian must have full guardianship.

NOTE: Kentucky does not marry minors whose parents reside outside the Commonwealth of Kentucky.